Hair Styling Advice for That Important Job Interview
How you style your hair for a job interview can be just as important as the interview clothes you wear. After all, the interviewer is going to notice everything about you – including your interview attire, hairstyle and makeup. That first glance is important and you’ll only have a few seconds to make a great impression!
There are lots of ways to style your hair for a job interview. While some options are funky and others are more traditional, remember that your hairstyle should strike a balance between your wardrobe and your makeup.
For example, if your makeup is a little edgy, try a more toned-down hair style. Be mindful of your final look, which should be tasteful, professional and polished. After all, you want the focus to be on you, and not how you styled your hair that morning.
What is the Best Way to Style Your Hair for a Job Interview?
Here are some examples…
- Is a pony tail formal enough for a job interview? It can be, if you choose a polished look. Opt for sleek styling, using an anti-frizz product or styling cream to tame fly aways. For an elegant touch, pull a piece of hair from the bottom of your pony tail and wrap it around to conceal your hair tie, securing it with a bobby pin.
- If you want a professional, polished look that doesn’t seem too stuffy, try out a style with easy, breezy loose curls.
- If you have short hair and want to dress it up a bit, consider natural waves. This will add some body and style to your hair, without looking too over-the-top or over-done.
- During your interview, you certainly don’t want to be worrying about pushing your hair out of your face. A style with one side pulled back can be a happy medium between wearing your hair down and styling it in a full updo. Even better, this is an easy look to style: just twist or brain one side back, and secure it behind your ear with a bobby pin.
- The high bun is the perfect choice to get your hair up and out of the way, without compromising style. First, sweep your hair high on your head, leaving one piece free, and twist into a bun. Then, secure with a hair tie. To conceal the elastic, wrap the free piece around it and pin the piece of hair underneath the bun with a bobby pin.
Tupelo MS Hair Loss Specialists
Our Tupelo, MS. hair loss experts help people look their best every day, whether it’s for that all-important job interview, or helping solve thinning hair and hair loss problems. We are dedicated to helping each of our clients look and feel their best, with great looking hair and restored self-confidence. Do you have hair loss concerns? Contact us to book a free, personal consultation. Find your perfect look and get all your hair loss and hair restoration questions answered – fully and confidentially.